201621/09/2016 Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe continue their long-standing collaboration with a focus on next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe (SNEU) have signed a confirmation of good cooperation for the continuation of their long-standing and successful collaboration. The focus of the partnership will be set on the ongoing development of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions.
- 20/09/2016 The latest issue of S Magazine shows fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth With the multiple-award-winning S Magazine, Leica provides an international platform for young talents and established photographers to show their work shot with the Leica S medium format camera. Every issue contains pages of powerful images and shows unusual facets and fascinating perspectives. Issue No. 8 of the magazine appears punctually to the start of photokina with fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth.
- 19/09/2016 Leica intensifies its focus on the professional segment with a new business unit and an extensive range of services The Leica presence at photokina 2016 in Cologne focuses primarily on professional photography and the corresponding needs of professional users. With this year’s stand concept, Leica Camera AG intensifies the emphasis on the newly implemented business unit Professional, the objective of which is to expand and bundle integrated product solutions and innovative usage scenarios for professional photography and video production.
- 19/09/2016 New lenses expand the Leica SL-System The mirrorless Leica SL-System successfully launched in October 2015 underlines the positioning of Leica Camera AG as a premium-segment provider of professional tools and services for all areas of photography. Its impressive electronic viewfinder features EyeRes technology, a concept developed by Leica especially for this camera. With a latency time below the threshold of perception, an impressive resolution of 4.4 million pixels and magnification reminiscent of a medium format camera, this electronic viewfinder offers an entirely new visual experience Whether shooting still pictures or Cine 4K video, the 24 MP resolution of the camera’s full-frame sensor makes no compromises in terms of imaging quality. At the same time, the Leica SL sets entirely new standards with its intuitive handling concept, logically positioned, individually configurable controls and outstanding versatility. Reasons enough for the top ratings and outstanding reviews the dust and spray sealed camera received not only from its users, but also from specialist photographic and technical media around the world.
- 16/09/2016 The Leica SL mirrorless camera plays important role in a NASA space mission Leica on a mission in space: on 17 August 2016, a sounding rocket from the RockSat-X program launched from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility (Virginia, USA) – also on board was a Leica SL camera. The payload of the rocket consisted of a number of modules with experiments devised by the students of various US universities that were to be conducted under the exceptional conditions of suborbital flight. The students of the University of Puerto Rico chose the mirrorless Leica SL system camera as a part of their module for research into high-density particles primarily because of its outstanding performance and robust construction.
- 15/09/2016 Leica SOFORT makes photography tangible Leica Camera AG proudly presents the latest member of its camera family: the Leica SOFORT. The versatile instant picture camera features a unique Leica design and special features, offers quick and easy access to photography and the fascination and unique experience of spontaneous photos that can be seen and shared in seconds. At the same time, Leica brings its photographic expertise and commitment to creativity, ease of handling and quality to the world of Instax instant photography. The creative scope offered by the Leica SOFORT provides opportunities to rediscover instant photography and create small, haptic works of art and lasting memories. It will be celebrating its first public appearance at photokina 2016.
- 14/09/2016 The new special edition in distinctive design: the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set With the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set, Leica Camera AG adds a new limited edition camera to the Leica rangefinder system portfolio. This is the fifth annual edition to be made with titanium, a metal that lends the camera and lens set a particularly distinctive and refined look. The set consists of a Leica M-P digital camera (Typ 240) and two lenses – a Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and a Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. – and will be offered in a strictly limited edition of 333 examples.
- 13/09/2016 New firmware updates for Leica S cameras can be downloaded now New firmware updates are available for the following Leica S-System cameras – Leica S (Typ 007) and Leica S/S-E (Typ 006). Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area at (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware 184.108.40.206 (Leica S) and 2.5.0 (Leica S/S-E) or take their camera to a Leica Store for a free update and expert advice on Leica products.
- 02/09/2016 Leica partners with PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai 2016 For the second year running, Leica Camera AG is the partner of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai, which will be held from 9 to 11 September 2016 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center (SEC). With 50 international galleries from 15 countries represented this year, the art fair in the Chinese mega-city is one of the most prominent and prestigious fairs dedicated to photography in Asia. Under the exhibition title ‘Visual Stories on China: Leica photography from 1933 until now’, the Leica Gallery will be showing impressive photographs by Marc Riboud, Wulf-Diether Count of Castell-Rüdenhausen, Ian Teh and Liu Jiangling.
- 02/09/2016 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B – the first compact laser rangefinder capable of precise measurement of distances up to 1825 meters/2000 yards. In addition to increasing the maximum range, Leica has also added a number of useful functions to the high-precision ABC™ ballistics system. With these new features, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B has now established itself firmly at the top of the class of compact laser rangefinders for the hunting segment.