201515/07/2015 Leica Camera AG at the photography festival in Arles: With the presentation of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award and signing sessions at the Leica stand With its exhibitions, evening projections in the ancient theatre and events throughout the town, the annually held ‘Les Rencontres de la Photographie’ photography festival in Arles, France, is one of the most popular gathering places of the international photography scene. From 6 July to 20 September 2015, this summer will again see international photographers, journalists, gallery owners and publishers gathering in the city in the south of France to exchange views and opinions on contemporary art photography. As in previous years, Leica Camera AG will be attending the festival during the opening week – from 6 to 11 July 2015 – with a stand on Espace Van Gogh and a varied programme of events.
- 01/07/2015 China aus der Luft: Leica präsentiert spektakuläre Aufnahmen aus den 30er Jahren und der Neuzeit Exklusive Ausstellung in der Chinesischen Botschaft zeigt historische Leica Aufnahmen des Flugpioniers Wulf-Diether Graf zu Castell-Rüdenhausen vom China der 30er-Jahre im Dialog mit aktuellen Bildern des Architekturfotografen HG Esch
- 16/06/2015 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 The depiction of the relationship between man and their environment in a series of photographs captured with incisive powers of observation is and remains the mission of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award. Leica Camera AG is presenting the prestigious awards for the 35th time and now, in 2015, has increased the value of the cash prizes once again. The two winners of this year’s competition have now been chosen.
- 10/06/2015 Sensitive, fast and intuitive: Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the first of a new line of digital compact cameras. With a full-frame sensor and a particularly high-speed, classic focal length prime lens, the Leica Q stands out due to its fast and intuitive handling.
- 02/06/2015 New: LEICA SUMMILUX-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH. With the Leica Summilux-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH., Leica Camera expands the lens portfolio of the Leica M-System with a new high-speed wide-angle lens. This is the first Leica M lens ever to combine an initial aperture of f/1.4 with the popular 28 mm standard focal length. This makes it ideal not only for photojournalism, but also for architecture and landscapes and in all lighting situations. The fast initial aperture in this class of focal lengths enables unparalleled imaging effects.
- 30/04/2015 New: LEICA M MONOCHROM – maximum picture quality in black and white Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is taking the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept for the Leica M rangefinder camera system and presents the new Leica M Monochrom (Type 246).
- 02/04/2015 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015: the finalists have been chosen The outstanding portfolios of the 50 finalists of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 and the 20 finalists of the der Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2015 can be viewed now at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
- 30/03/2015 Silke Bernhardt joins Leica Camera AG as the company’s new global director for corporate communications With effect from 1 April 2015, Silke Bernhardt (44) will be assuming the position of global director for corporate communications at Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar.
- 19/03/2015 Sandra Sczesny appointed Global Director for Marketing and Communications at Leica Camera AG With effect from 1 April, 2015, Sandra Sczesny (44) will be assuming the newly created position of Global Director for Marketing and Communications at Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar.
- 09/03/2015 Flash by Lenny Kravitz The exhibition Flash by Lenny Kravitz celebrated its premiere at the Leica Gallery in Los Angeles.