201514/09/2015 Leica Galerie Wetzlar zeigt die Gewinner-Serien des „Leica Oskar Barnack Preises 2015“ Am Freitag, den 11. September 2015, eröffnet in der Leica Galerie in Wetzlar die Ausstellung „Leica Oskar Barnack Preis 2015. JH Engström/Wiktoria Wojciechowska“. JH Engström und Nachwuchspreis-Gewinnerin Wiktoria Wojciechowska, sind als aktuelle Preisträger des internationalen Fotowettbewerbs – der in diesem Jahr zum 35. Mal stattgefunden hat – bereits im Juli im Rahmen des Fotofestivals in Arles (Frankreich) ausgezeichnet worden. Ergänzt wird die Ausstellung durch die prämierten Fotostrecken von Mikhael Subotzky (2009), Julio Bittencourt (2007) und Andrea Hoyer (2003).
- 14/09/2015 For the first time, Leica Camera AG is partner of “Photo Shanghai”, Asia’s premier art fair dedicated to fine art photography Leica Camera AG will be represented at Photo Shanghai in China for the first time. Last year, the international art fair, which focuses on fine art photography, celebrated its première. Because of the resounding success, it will return to the Chinese metropolis from 11 to 13 September 2015. In the Shanghai Exhibition Centre (SEC), under the theme “China through the Leica lens”, Leica will present historical aerial photographs of China captured by the Count of Castell-Rüdenhausen in the 1930s, contemporary images of Chinese landscapes by HG Esch, and a personal documentation of China entitled “Traces of Humanity” by up-and-coming photographer Jing Huang.
- 14/09/2015 Leica Camera announces partnership with Goodwood Revival and presents a varied programme of photographic activities Every September, motor sport fans come from far and wide to the Goodwood Revival, the legendary classic car event – an action-packed weekend of historic motor racing, period theatre, music and more.
- 25/08/2015 Redefining medium-format photography: The Leica S (Typ 007) featuring the Leica medium-format system is now available. The camera, which systematically builds on its predecessor, boasts a wealth of brand-new components and brings together maximum burst rate, exceptional sensor sensitivity and an extensive range of capture modes for photos and – for the first time – video footage, too. All this is complemented by new features that dramatically speed up and simplify photographic workflows. With its handy and compact format, the Leica S (Typ 007) redefines medium-format photography and opens the door to new applications.
- 24/08/2015 Maximum lens speed in a compact design: the LEICA GEOVID 8×56 HD-B and 8×56 HD-R (Typ 502) With the new Leica Geovid 8 × 56 HD-B and 8 × 56 HD-R (Typ 502) binoculars, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has once again raised the bar with its successful Geovid series. These new top-of-the-range models boast outstanding lens speed thanks to a lens diameter of 56 mm and enhanced transmission of around 90%.
- 24/08/2015 The successful exhibition EYES WIDE OPEN! ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF LEICA PHOTOGRAPHY can now be admired at C/O Berlin With total visitor numbers of some 70,000, the spectacular EYES WIDE OPEN! ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF LEICA PHOTOGRAPHY exhibition has already broken records at “Fotografie Forum Frankfurt” and “Haus der Photographie” in Hamburg. This successful and celebrated exhibition will now be on show at C/O Berlin from 22 August to 1 November 2015.
- 17/08/2015 The Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 32 in two different versions By launching the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 32, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has made the Leica Ultravid range of binoculars complete. The technology from the latest generation of the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 and Ultravid HD-Plus 50 is now the basis for the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 32 models. In comparison with the earlier models, the use of this technology has once again significantly increased light transmission.
- 17/08/2015 Italian automotive atelier meets Leica binocular In collaboration with Zagato, the Italian automotive Atelier and Total Design Center, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a special limited edition: the Leica Ultravid 8x32 ‘Edition Zagato’. Uniting the values shared by both classical companies – premium quality, craftsmanship and tradition – the Leica Ultravid 8x32 ‘Edition Zagato’ combines unique design with cutting-edge technologies.
- 07/08/2015 Neueröffnung: Leica Gallery São Paulo zeigt Fotoausstellung „Del Mondo“ von Andy Summers Die Leica Camera AG erweitert ihr internationales Netzwerk an Galerien. Neben den 13 bereits bestehenden kulturellen Einrichtungen rund um die Faszination der Leica Fotografie, feierte am 5. August 2015 nun die Leica Gallery in São Paulo, Brasilien ihre Eröffnung.
- 21/07/2015 Leica Camera AG at the Salzburg Festival: ‘The ones in the dark are invisible’ – an exhibition of photography in the foyer of the Grand Festival Theatre The traditional Salzburg Festival will begin on Saturday, 18 July, with the grand opening gala. This will be followed by 188 performances at 12 venues over the next 44 days. As a sponsor of this world famous festival, Leica Camera AG will be represented by an exhibition of photography in the foyer of the Grand festival Theatre throughout the entire course of the festival. The exhibition, titled ‘The ones in the dark are invisible’, invites viewers to take a look behind the scenes of the Salzburg Festival.