201422/05/2014 Leica Camera celebrates the official opening of the Leitz-Park with attractive special editions Leica Camera AG is celebrating the official opening of the new company complex in the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar with a portfolio of limited editions of cameras and binoculars. The Leitz-Park
special edition products have unique design features and are specially engraved with
the Leitz-Park logo.
- 22/05/2014 Product highlight for the centennial year: the Leica M Edition 100 This year, Leica Camera AG is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the company has already announced two special centennial editions – the Leica S Edition 100 and the Leica D-Lux 6 Edition 100. And now, a uniquely special highlight will be presented in the course of the official opening celebration for the new Leica headquarters in the Leitz Park complex in Wetzlar on 23 May 2014: the Leica M Edition 100.
- 22/05/2014 The photographic exhibition 36 aus 100 This year, Leica Camera AG is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the company is presenting a unique photo installation with the title 36 aus 100 (‘36 from 100’) at its new headquarters at Leitz Park in Wetzlar. The exhibition will be officially opened during the festivities at the inauguration of the new Leica company headquarters on 23 May 2014.
- 22/05/2014 The Leica Galerie Wetzlar presents the exhibition ‘10 x 10’ On 23 May 2014, Leica Camera AG will be celebrating the official opening of the new company headquarters in the Leitz Park in Wetzlar. The Leica Galerie in the Leitz Park will also be opened in the course of the celebrations. The festivities will begin with a special exhibition for the 100th birthday of Leica photography. ‘10 x 10’ is a project that points to the future with examples of contemporary photography while simultaneously exhibiting intrinsic links with its past. Ten photographers (Dominic Nahr, Julia Baier, Evgenia Arbugaeva, Craig Semetko, Kirill Golovchenko, Amedeo M. Turello, Alec Soth, Jing Huang, Thomas Ruff and Saga Sig), each of them with ten works, will engage in a creative dialogue with one of the great masters from the history of Leica photography and take a critical look at their work in photographic terms.
- 24/04/2014 Photography in its purest form: Leica Camera AG presents a new camera system that unites the fine art of engineering and hand-crafted excellence with design and handling in an entirely new and innovative concept. From the initial idea through to the development process and in its final assembly, the focus of all disciplines involved was on one single thing – perfection.
- 18/03/2014 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2014 In addition to the main and newcomer awards at the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award, the centennial year of Leica Camera AG, 2014, will also see the presentation of the first public award. The winner will be selected from amongst the around 50 best entries in the main category and from amongst about 20 entries for the newcomer award by free online voting on www.i-shot-it.com, the world’s leading website for photographic competitions. The voting process will run from 1 April to 30 April 2014. In addition to the extraordinary publicity that this generates, the winner in this category also wins a cash prize of 2,500 euros. In addition, a prize draw for non-cash prizes of Leica compact cameras will also be held for all who participated in the vote.
- 12/03/2014 Me & My Leica X Photo Contest: The winners of the Leica X competition ‘Me & My Leica X Photo Contest’ have been selected. The jury selected twenty first places from the many thousands of entries – ten for the X Vario and ten for the X Prime models (X1 or X2). The list of winners can be found at www.lfi-online.de/xcontest along with a shortlist of the best entries (single photos and portfolios) from more than 60 photographers – 20 for the X Vario and 45 for the X Prime models.
- 09/03/2014 The new Leica Extender 1.8x for LEICA APO-TELEVID With the Leica Extender 1.8x, Leica Camera AG presents a new accessory for the Leica APO-Televid 65 W and APO-Televid 82 W spotting scopes. In combination with these spotting scopes and the Leica 25–50× WW ASPH. wide-angle zoom eyepiece, the Extender 1.8x enables a previously unheard of increase in magnification of 80 per cent, to a factor of 90-fold. This makes Leica spotting scopes even more versatile. The products can be optimally adapted for applications ranging from wildlife and nature observation to digiscoping and sports events, and astronomical observation, and guarantee viewing experiences in exceptional quality as if the subject were only a hair’s breadth away.
- 06/03/2014 Compact, powerful and exceptional low-light performance: LEICA GEOVID HD-R With the Leica Geovid HD-R binoculars, Leica Camera AG, Solms presents a further developed, new generation of binoculars in the Geovid HD range. The new models combine an innovative ballistics function with the proven reliability and outstanding properties established over many years and offer valuable additional benefits, particularly for angle shots and when shooting in difficult terrain.
- 06/03/2014 New: LEICA ULTRAVID HD with olive-green rubber armouring Leica Camera AG, Solms, has expanded its Leica Ultravid HD range of high-quality binoculars. In addition to the classic models in black, the Leica Ultravid HD 32 and 42 models are now also available with olive-green rubber armouring. Built to meet any challenge outdoors and matched to the respective hunting situation, the Leica Ultravid HD binoculars in olive green are the ideal complement to any hunter’s equipment.