201411/09/2014 LEICA X – brilliant picture quality made in Germany Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica X line: the new Leica X – made in Germany. Featuring a new Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens and a sensor that is particularly large for this camera class, it captures exceptionally brilliant pictures. Its versatility is further expanded by a video function for moving pictures in full-HD quality. Together with an extensive range of setting options and an intuitively simple handling concept, the Leica X unites everything that defines the art of photography in an iconic Leica design statement: the joy of seeing unforgettable moments in a particularly personal way.
New: LEICA S High speed, video recording and optimum image quality – combined with perfect handling
With the Leica S (Type 007), Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the new top model of the Leica S-System. As a logical development of its predecessors, the new Leica S features a multitude of radically new components – like the Leica CMOS sensor and the Leica Maestro II image processor – and now opens up new dimensions in the field of medium-format photography.
- 02/09/2014 Leica Camera AG announces partnership with Leica Ambassador, Jamie Cullum, at photokina, Cologne. Leica Camera AG will be making an appearance in Hall 1 at this year’s photokina, with a widely varied programme of events, including a unique exhibition concept - the Leica Galerie. The focus of this year’s exhibition concept is on impressive photography from the world of music. It embraces all facets of music photography, from concert images and extremely personal artist portraits to reportage photography with exciting glimpses behind the scenes at concerts. In addition, the exhibition will also showcase the work of musicians who have embraced photography as a second passion, such as award winning broadcaster, songwriter and celebrated musician Jamie Cullum.
- 01/09/2014 Oliver Kaltner wird in den Vorstand der Leica Camera AG berufen Der Aufsichtsrat der Leica Camera AG hat Oliver Kaltner (45) zum 01. September 2014 in den Vorstand des Unternehmens berufen. Er zeichnet für die Ressorts Marketing, Sales und Retail sowie die Weiterentwicklung der Handels- und Vertriebspartnerschaften verantwortlich.
- 28/08/2014 New: Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH. fast portrait lens With the Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Camera AG, Solms, presents a new and particularly compact portrait telephoto lens for the Leica S-System. It is the fastest lens so far in the Leica S medium-format system and offers superior imaging performance at all apertures and distance settings. What’s more, a firmware update is also offered together with the new lens to ensure optimum functionality of the Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH. on Leica S, S2 and S2-P cameras.
- 27/08/2014 Special limited edition: Leica S Summicron 100 Edition To mark the launch of the Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH., currently the fastest portrait telephoto lens in the medium-format segment, Leica Camera AG is offering the first 100 of these lenses together with a Leica S medium-format system camera in an exclusive set.
- 27/08/2014 Firmware updates for the LEICA S (FW 126.96.36.199.), LEICA S2/S2-P (FW 188.8.131.52.) and all Leica S-Lenses Leica Camera AG presents new firmware updates for the Leica S-System. Users wishing to bring their cameras and lenses up to date can download the new firmware (available September 16th, 2014) for the Leica S Type 006 (FW 184.108.40.206.) and the Leica S2/S2-P (FW 220.127.116.11) free of charge from the Leica website and take advantage of the enhancements.
- 22/08/2014 Leica Erlebniswelt im Leitz-Park Wetzlar Die Leica Camera AG macht in ihrer neuen Unternehmenszentrale im Leitz-Park Wetzlar den Mythos Leica erlebbar. Auf einer Grundrissfläche von rund 27.000 m2 ist nicht nur ein hochmodernes Firmengelände entstanden, das rund 700 Mitarbeitern in Produktion, Verwaltung, Akademie, Customer Care und Leica Store Platz bietet, sondern auch ein multimedialer Erlebnisbereich. Dieser eröffnet spannende Einblicke in die Leica Welt und ist für Besucher ohne Voranmeldung frei zugänglich. Die Leica Erlebniswelt (im Leitz-Park 5 in 35578 Wetzlar) ist von Montag bis Freitag zwischen 10 und 20 Uhr sowie samstags und sonntags von 10 bis 18 Uhr geöffnet.
- 22/08/2014 Leica Camera AG presents show activities for the photokina 2014 At this year’s photokina in Cologne (16 to 21 September 2014), Leica Camera AG will be making an appearance in Hall 1 with a widely varied programme of events. In addition to the unique exhibition concept in the Leica Galerie, the programme features further cultural highlights. For example, the world premiere of the new book The Haight: Love, Rock and Revolution from legendary photographer Jim Marshall (1936-2010). Talks and signing sessions with prominent photographers are also planned.
- 22/08/2014 Leica exhibition concept for photokina 2014 At this year’s photokina in Cologne from 16 to 21 September 2014, Leica Camera AG will once again be presenting unique photo exhibitions and showcasing projects by internationally renowned photographers and prominent artists. The focus of this year’s exhibition concept for the Leica Galerie in hall 1 at the Cologne exhibition centre is on impressive art photography from the world of music. The exhibitions will be curated by Karin Rehn-Kaufmann, director general of Leica Galerien International and Inas Fayed, editor-in-chief of Leica Fotografie International (LFI).