201626/07/2016 LEICA Q firmware update 2.0 offers numerous new features The latest firmware update for the Leica Q is available now as a download from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com). Owners can update their camera with firmware update 2.0 and enjoy the benefits of numerous new features. Leica works constantly in close collaboration with users on the further development and optimisation of its products. Due to this policy, a number of improvements in this latest firmware update for the Leica Q are based on the recommendations and suggestions of our customers.
- 20/07/2016 Leica at photokina 2016 The focus of the Leica presence this year at photokina 2016 in Cologne will be on professional photography and the needs of professional users – and on the unique exhibition of photography in Hall 1 that Leica will be presenting as ‘Official Photography Partner of photokina 2016’.
- 19/07/2016 LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is now also available in silver anodized finish As of today, the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is now also available in a silver anodized version. Thanks to the perfect interaction of all parameters, from optical design and choice of materials to sophisticated and elaborate manufacturing and finishing, this high-performance lens is considered to be the reference lens amongst standard focal lengths. It impresses with exceptional imaging performance and sharpness that captures and resolves even the finest details.
- 06/07/2016 Master of Photography: Leica and Sky Arts Search for Europe’s Best Photographer Leica Camera AG, the German premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products, is Sky Arts’ exclusive technical provider for Master of Photography, the first dedicated TV talent show for photography, to be broadcast from the 21st of July in Italy on Sky Arte HD, in the UK and Ireland on Sky Arts and in Germany and Austria on Sky Arts HD. A new unique international production, that aims to promote and enhance photography in all its forms of expression, through the TV medium.
- 01/07/2016 New: the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R compact laser rangefinder With the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R, Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents a new laser rangefinder. Its versatility, compact size and essential ballistic functions make the CRF 1600-R and its expanded technical features the ideal model for hunters who attach importance to reliable distance measurement and the determination of the equivalent horizontal range.
- 30/06/2016 Leica celebrates the 10th anniversary of the digital rangefinder camera It is now ten years since Leica Camera AG brought M-Photography into the digital age and set an important milestone within the legendary Leica M rangefinder system. The company is now celebrating the 10th anniversary of this event with attractive offers on products from the Leica M portfolio.
- 23/06/2016 Leica M Monochrom expands the M à la carte programme and is now available for the first time in silver chrome finish Leica Camera AG has expanded the successful Leica à la carte programme – an opportunity for personalising Leica cameras – and now offers an entire range of personalisation options for the Leica M Monochrom digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor. Interested owners can take advantage of the diverse combination options for the creation of the camera of their dreams.
- 16/06/2016 The exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Ghent Following its enormous success in Germany and Austria, the spectacular exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Belgium on the next stop of its tour and can be seen in the exhibition centre of St. Peter’s Abbey in Ghent from 17 June to 14 August. More than 350 original prints are being shown in St. Peter’s Abbey. Photographs by Robert Capa, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nick Út, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Robert Lebeck, Julia Baier and François Fontaine document significant moments in the history of art and culture from 1914 to the present day. As an homage to Belgian Leica photography, works by Harry Gruyaert, Gaël Turine and Michel Vanden Eeckhoudt will be shown exclusively at this exhibition.
- 15/06/2016 'Leica Oskar Barnack Award’: the jury has reached its verdict The jury of prominent international experts has chosen the twelve finalists of this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’. The complete portfolios in the categories ’Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award’ can now be viewed at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
Ground broken for third phase of construction at the Leitz Park Wetzlar
The next step on the way from a vision to a reality: today, the breaking of the ground for the third phase of the Leitz Park complex is the next big step forward in the development of Wetzlar as a location for innovation and manufacturing and as the foremost centre of the optical industry in Germany. Today, around 250 invited guests, among them Dr. Christoph Ullrich, President of the Giessen administrative district, Manfred Wagner, Mayor of the City of Wetzlar and Wolfgang Schuster, District Administrator of the Lahn-Dill region, joined Dr. Andreas Kaufmann, majority shareholder and chairman of the advisory board of Leica Camera AG, and Oliver Kaltner, chairman of the executive board of Leica Camera AG, to celebrate the expansion of the Schanzenfeld site at the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar.