201615/04/2016 Leica Cine Discovery Prize for newcomers in the world of short films Leica Camera AG is an official partner of La Semaine de la Critique du Festival de Cannes (taking place from 11 to 22 May 2016), one of the most influential film festivals in the world. Leica Camera AG and its subsidiary CW Sonderoptic GmbH are official sponsors of the Leica Cine Discovery Prize, which will be awarded as part of La Semaine de la Critique on 19 May and is endowed with a prize in the amount of 4,000 euros. With this prize, the two companies recognise young talents to the world of short films.
- 14/04/2016 New firmware update 2.0 improves the performance and handling concept of the Leica SL The firmware update 2.0 is now available for the mirrorless Leica SL camera system launched in October 2015. Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by the free update installation service offered in all Leica Stores.
- 13/04/2016 Leica Pinmaster II Pro Leica Sport Optics has announced a brand new, premium model in its iconic laser rangefinder series designed specifically for golfers: the Leica Pinmaster II Pro.
- 06/04/2016 Leica S (Typ 007) Firmware-Update 126.96.36.199 with new features Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has released a new firmware update for the Leica S (Typ 007) camera. Registered camera users can now log in to the Leica owners’ area and download the firmware version 188.8.131.52 (https://owners.leica-camera.com) or take their camera to a Leica Store for a free update and receive answers to any questions they may have.
- 22/03/2016 LEICA SUMMILUX-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. - the new reference lens in the APS-C segment is available from today As of now, the portfolio of lenses for the Leica T camera system has a new addition – the Leica Summilux-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. This extremely fast prime lens with the classic focal length is considered to be the reference lens in the APS-C segment. With a performance profile superior to all comparable lenses in every respect, it exploits the full potential of modern camera systems.
- 16/03/2016 New telephoto zoom lens for the Leica SL-System: Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8-4 The latest addition to the Leica SL-System lens portfolio, the Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8-4, is now on sale. This fast telephoto zoom lens offers a range of focal lengths that follows on directly from the already available Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–90 mm f/2.8–4 ASPH. lens. Together, these two lenses cover a range of focal lengths extending from 24 to 280 mm and guarantee the versatility photographers need for a wide range of subjects and situations.
- 04/03/2016 Leica Ultravid ‘Edition Safari’ Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents its first limited edition of a pair of binoculars for 2016: the Leica Ultravid ‘Edition Safari’. The Edition Safari appears with an exclusive case and carrying strap created in collaboration with French artisan workshop Aneas.
- 04/03/2016 Leica VISUS i LW With its new Visus i LW models, Leica Camera AG presents a new generation of riflescopes that represent a unique combination of the fine arts of engineering, classical style and modern technology. They are true masterpieces of innovative product design, optical excellence and mechanical reliability. Traditional design elements, such as paint-filled manual stylus engraving and specially developed surface finishes, meet modern, daylight-readable illumination and the ultimate in optical design.
- 04/03/2016 Leica Magnus i: The second generation Leica Camera AG is launching the second generation of its successful range of Magnus riflescopes at IWA Outdoor Classics 2016 in Nürnberg. They impress with proven optical and mechanical systems and innovative details such as turret scale zeroing without tools and reticles with optimised dot coverage.
- 04/03/2016 New Leica Digiscoping Objective Lens Leica Camera AG has added a new accessory to the digiscoping equipment programme: the Leica Digiscoping Lens. The 35 mm lens is suitable for all cameras with interchangeable lenses, and its perfect interaction with Leica spotting scopes guarantees its users impressive pictures in breathtaking quality.