201614/09/2016 The new special edition in distinctive design: the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set With the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set, Leica Camera AG adds a new limited edition camera to the Leica rangefinder system portfolio. This is the fifth annual edition to be made with titanium, a metal that lends the camera and lens set a particularly distinctive and refined look. The set consists of a Leica M-P digital camera (Typ 240) and two lenses – a Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and a Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. – and will be offered in a strictly limited edition of 333 examples.
- 13/09/2016 New firmware updates for Leica S cameras can be downloaded now New firmware updates are available for the following Leica S-System cameras – Leica S (Typ 007) and Leica S/S-E (Typ 006). Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area at (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware 126.96.36.199 (Leica S) and 2.5.0 (Leica S/S-E) or take their camera to a Leica Store for a free update and expert advice on Leica products.
- 02/09/2016 Leica partners with PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai 2016 For the second year running, Leica Camera AG is the partner of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai, which will be held from 9 to 11 September 2016 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center (SEC). With 50 international galleries from 15 countries represented this year, the art fair in the Chinese mega-city is one of the most prominent and prestigious fairs dedicated to photography in Asia. Under the exhibition title ‘Visual Stories on China: Leica photography from 1933 until now’, the Leica Gallery will be showing impressive photographs by Marc Riboud, Wulf-Diether Count of Castell-Rüdenhausen, Ian Teh and Liu Jiangling.
- 02/09/2016 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B – the first compact laser rangefinder capable of precise measurement of distances up to 1825 meters/2000 yards. In addition to increasing the maximum range, Leica has also added a number of useful functions to the high-precision ABC™ ballistics system. With these new features, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B has now established itself firmly at the top of the class of compact laser rangefinders for the hunting segment.
A new addition to the Leica T lens portfolio: the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. prime lens is available from today
As of today, a new prime lens is available for the Leica T camera system – the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. This macro lens is considered to be the reference lens in the APS-C segment. It delivers macro exposures with a reproduction ratio of 1:1 and impresses with best imaging performance. Just like the Leica Summilux-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH., the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is available in a choice of black or silver.
- 30/08/2016 Masters of Photography: The Leica Gallery in Hall 1 at photokina 2016 presents a varied exhibition and stage programme As ‘Official Photography Partner of photokina 2016’, Leica Camera AG will be presenting the impressive ‘Masters of Photography’ exhibition in an almost 2,000 square metre Leica Gallery in Hall 1 of the fair with a total of 15 series of pictures and more than 400 photographs by acclaimed Leica S, SL, and M photographers. In addition to this, Leica Camera AG will be presenting the exhibition with the title ‘Upcoming Masters’ in a separate section of the gallery – this exhibition is the result of a collaboration between Leica, the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Photographie (DGPh – the German Photographic Society) and the Photoindustrie-Verband (PIV – The Imaging Association).
- 19/08/2016 The New Leica NOCTIVID More than a century of expertise in optical design and construction are the basis upon which Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) has created a new and revolutionary generation of Leica binoculars: the Leica NOCTIVID family. These high-end binoculars represent a revolution in the field of viewing optics and offer discerning bird-watchers and wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts previously unimagined quality.
- 28/07/2016 New software and firmware updates for the LEICA SL improve the tethered shooting workflow Available from today – firmware update 2.1 and the software solutions Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 and the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 for the mirrorless Leica SL further improve the professional workflow for the camera system. Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware and software or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by the free update installation service offered in all Leica Stores.
Ara Güler receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award
The lifework of the famous Magnum photographer Ara Güler will be honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award and his photography will be celebrated by a major exhibition in the Leica Masters of Photography Gallery in the course of photokina 2016.
Ara Güler, arguably Turkey’s most eminent photographer, impressively portrayed life in the city of Istanbul, his birthplace and home, for over 60 years. He is world famous for his incomparable black-and-white images of the metropolis on the shores of the Bosporus from the 1950s and 1960s. Ara Güler (87) is also well known for his work as a reporter and photojournalist covering political affairs around the world and for his photographic interviews with many prominent politicians and artists of the period.
LEICA Q firmware update 2.0 offers numerous new features
The latest firmware update for the Leica Q is available now as a download from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com). Owners can update their camera with firmware update 2.0 and enjoy the benefits of numerous new features. Leica works constantly in close collaboration with users on the further development and optimisation of its products. Due to this policy, a number of improvements in this latest firmware update for the Leica Q are based on the recommendations and suggestions of our customers.