201719/01/2017 New M Magazine presents fascinating photographic projects by acclaimed Leica photographers The latest issue of M Magazine is now available and presents a wide variety of articles from the world of Leica rangefinder photography. The now fifth issue of the magazine features a ‘best of’ historic photographs by Ernesto Bazan, captivating reportage work by Peter Bauza and José Colón, impressive images captured by Fred Mortagne and Giovanni del Brenna and emotive insights into the life of Russian children in a summer camp by Claudine Doury. What’s more, an essay celebrating the 10th anniversary of digital M-Photography leads readers through the history of the system and presents its latest milestone – the Leica M10.
- 18/01/2017 New Leica M10 impresses with more compact dimensions, improved performance and even more intuitive handling An iconic camera system sets standards yet again: The perfect balance of long-established traditions and technical innovation in the Leica M10 embodies the essence of everything that is truly important for photography like no other camera before. Although all its functions have been adapted to meet the precise needs of contemporary photography, there has been no deviation from the essential principles of the legendary M-System. Every single component and every technical solution concentrates uncompromisingly on photography. With its more compact dimensions, improved performance and even more intuitive handling, the Leica M10 sets a new milestone in the ongoing history of Leica M photography.
- 17/01/2017 Joel Meyerowitz receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award The acclaimed photographer Joel Meyerowitz will be honoured for his lifework with the Leica Hall of Fame Award and a major exhibition in the course of the ‘A Celebration of Photography’ event being held by Leica Camera AG on 18 January 2017. The exhibition in the Leica Galerie Wetzlar opens on 19 January and can be seen until 31 March 2017.
- 10/01/2017 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017: The latest round of the prestigious Leica Camera AG photographic competition begins Candidates wishing to enter this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, the long-established, international photographic competition for professional photographers, and the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and coming photographers under the age of 25, may submit their entries between 1 March and 10 April 2017. The competition calls for the submission of self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographers perceive and document the interaction between people and their environment in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2016 and 2017 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period. From 1 March 2017, entry forms and the terms and conditions of entry will be available from the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
201613/12/2016 Available from today: a new firmware update for the LEICA SL and the Leica Summilux-SL 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH. Firmware version 2.2, the latest update for the innovative Leica SL mirrorless camera system, is now available. The firmware update provides improved support for the MAC versions of Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 and Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0., and now also supports the new Microsoft Windows version of Leica Image Shuttle 3.5. Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owners’ Area (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new software and firmware updates, or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by the free update installation service offered in all Leica Stores.
- 15/11/2016 LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is available in a red anodised version The Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. has been given a brand new look. The world’s sharpest standard lens is the first ever Leica lens to be offered in an alternative, red-anodised finish from December. The uniqueness of this eye-catching special edition is further underlined by the planned production of only 100 red-anodised versions of the lens.
- 08/11/2016 Leica presents the TL-System Building on the Leica T camera system, which has been continually advanced in terms speed, ease of handling and flexibility since its launch in 2014, the Leica TL embraces all the perfected features and leads the innovative camera concept into a new generation with even more innovations and new aspects of its design. One of these innovations is the doubling of the size of its internal buffer memory to 32 GB. Other new features are improved autofocus, especially in AF-C mode, and optimised compatibility with lenses from other Leica camera systems. For instance, the Leica TL now supports SL-Lenses with OIS and allows the use of Leica R-System lenses in combination with the R-Adapter L. A new Leica TL app with revised functions offers additional options for sharing pictures by email or on social networks and is now available for the first time for Android as well as iOS devices.
- 07/11/2016 Historic Leica rarities at the anniversary auction ‘15 years of WestLicht – the showcase for photography’ On the occasion of the 15th anniversary of WestLicht Auctions, the 30th WestLicht camera auction opens at 11 a.m. on 19 November 2016 and will be offering numerous desirable Leica rarities. On 18 November at 5 p.m., the day before the camera auction, avid collectors of photographica also have an opportunity to bid for photographs and portraits by famous photographers at the WestLicht Photo Auction.
- 03/11/2016 Discover the fascination of photography with the Leica D-Lux Explorer Kit Of all the Leica compact cameras, the D-Lux has one of the fastest lenses. Featuring a Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. lens that is ideally matched to its large four-thirds sensor, it delivers images with natural colours and outstanding picture quality. Thanks to its extremely versatile zoom lens (equivalent to 24 to 75 mm in 35 mm format), it is ideal for almost all creative areas of photography – from portraits to landscapes, architecture to macro and the classical domain of Leica cameras, reportage photography. From mid-November, Leica Camera AG will be offering the universal D-Lux in a set together with special extras like the automatic lens cap.
- 19/10/2016 New design option: Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish With the Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish, Leica Camera AG offers an alternative design option for its high-performance, compact camera with a fixed fast prime lens and full-frame sensor. In contrast to the discreet black of the body, lens and leather trim of the standard model of the Leica Q, the new colour option stands out with the titanium-gray paint finish of its top deck, the back of the camera and its baseplate. The combination of the look of precious metal and black elements like the leathering and the lens lend the camera its uniquely refined, premium and simultaneously robust look.