201806/09/2018 Max Pinckers is the winner of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2018 The winners of this year’s long-established and internationally acclaimed Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) photographic competition have been chosen. In the main category, ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, Belgian photographer Max Pinckers convinced the five members of the jury with his series titled ‘Red Ink’. In the category ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ for up-and-coming photographers aged up to the age of 25, Mary Gelman from Russia won the award with her series titled ‘Svetlana’.
- 06/09/2018 photokina 2018: Visitors to the Leica Camera stand in Hall 2.2 can look forward to a discovering a comprehensive portfolio of products and services The focus of Leica’s appearance at photokina 2018 in Cologne is not only set on the extremely diverse product portfolio of the traditional manufacturer from Wetzlar, but also on the Leitz Park itself. At Leica, everything has always revolved around the picture, the school of visualisation, the history of photography, the vibrancy of photographic culture and the people behind the cameras – in other words, DAS WESENTLICHE. Since the opening of the Leitz Park complex on 15 June 2018, all this is now a visible and tangible experience.
- 21/08/2018 Leica M10-P: a new level of understatement With the Leica M10-P, Leica Camera AG presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the M10, the M10-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M rangefinder system and, in details, focuses on the characteristic core features that are particularly appreciated by M-Photographers. Exceptionally discreet and concentrating entirely on the most essential camera functions, the Leica M10-P embodies the essence of the M-Philosophy and raises the traditional understatement of the M-Series to a new and even higher level.
The Leica Elpro 52 Close-up Attachment for Leica M- and TL-Lenses enables macro photography in extraordinarily high quality
With Leica Elpro 52, Leica Camera AG has expanded its portfolio of accessories with a new close-up attachment that extends the capabilities of selected Leica M- and TL-Lenses to include macro photography. The optical construction of the Leica Elpro 52 comprises two cemented lens elements with anti-reflex multicoating and the attachment is designed to be screwed into the filter thread of the lens. The attachment reduces the close focus distance and the considerably increased reproduction ratio enables impressively detailed close-up images in exceptional quality. Thanks to its compact size and light weight, the overall handling of the lens remains unaffected when the attachment is mounted.
- 11/07/2018 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R With the new Leica CRF 2400-R, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents a laser rangefinder which allows distance determination of up to 2,400 yards (2,200 metres). In addition, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R offers a new LED display for even better readability of the scanned distance and ballistic data.
- 29/06/2018 Extensive updates for Leica Cameras: New Firmware releases with numerous improvements and entirely new functions Leica Camera AG has released a series of extensive firmware updates for the Leica M10, Leica Q, Leica CL, Leica TL2 and Leica T/TL camera models. Alongside further improvements of existing features, these updates also introduce a considerable number of new camera functions.
- 15/06/2018 Limited edition to celebrate the opening of the Leitz-Park To celebrate the inauguration of the third phase of the Leitz Park complex, Leica Camera AG presents a strictly limited edition of selected camera models. All of the versions for this occasion have unique design features.
- 15/06/2018 Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new complex in Wetzlar Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new Leitz-Park complex in Wetzlar. Two years after the first ground was broken on the Schanzenfeld site by the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar, a unique complex has now been completed that unites spectacular architecture with cultural highlights and the development of pioneering technologies.
- 15/06/2018 Leica C-Lux - The versatile compact camera with a 15x zoom, a practical touchscreen and exceptional design With the launch of the Leica C-Lux, Leica Camera AG expands its product portfolio with a versatile compact camera that unites speed, an intuitive handling concept and stylish design. Featuring a Leica DC Vario-Elmar 8.8–132 mm f/3.3–6.4 ASPH. lens and a high-performance 20-megapixel sensor for continuous shooting at a rate of up to 10 frames per second, the Leica C-Lux adapts quickly and flexibly to every situation and effortlessly delivers high-quality pictures of subjects at any distance. Its 15-fold optical zoom with focal lengths from 24 to 360 mm (35 mm equivalent) offers enormous creative scope that is further expanded by 4K video recording capability.
- 15/06/2018 Leica Camera AG presents the new, strictly limited Leica M10 ‘Edition Zagato’ With the Leica M10 ‘Edition Zagato’, Leica Camera AG presents a timelessly beautiful special edition that unites the best of German craftsmanship and Italian design. Comprising a camera and a Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens, the set takes its name from Dr Andrea Zagato, owner of the design house and automotive styling specialist of the same name, who personally designed the limited edition, restricted to 250 pieces worldwide. This collaboration is now the second special edition created between the two long-established companies - 2015 saw the launch of a limited series of binoculars with a strikingly elegant design, the Leica Ultravid 8x32 ‘Edition Zagato’.